Friday, July 6, 2007

Fourth of July 5K Run



We did it! Delton and I participated in Waynesboro's annual 5K Firecracker Run. Delton's goal was to do it in under 23 minutes (best case scenario) or 24 minutes (more realistic scenario!). He finished in 22 minutes and 56 seconds!! Amazing! My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes, which is when you have to move to the sidewalk if you are still on the course. I wanted to finish on the road, and I did. I finished in 42 1/2 minutes. I ran the first mile, and ran about half of the next two. After not training for several weeks, and doing very little running during my training, I was extremely pleased with how it went. I felt a euphoria similar to how I felt when I had Ezra- I pushed myself farther than I thought I could go- and succeeded! I'm already thinking about what my goal will be next year...maybe simply to run the whole thing? We'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, guys! You deserve to be proud of yourselves.
-Jolinda

Anonymous said...

Awww....Good job! I'm proud of you!