Friday, June 5, 2009

Post 101

Brotherly love. I love my boys!!! And yes, sometimes this is what they look like all day!!!
Asher's one year picture.


Blast off, my little einstein!!

Tigers in their cage. Roar!!!



Asher enjoying walking at Red Run Park while daddy and Ezra were fishing.

Just saw that this is my 101st post. Not sure if that is a lot or a little in the years I've been blogging...Considering I had a baby in that time, I find it at least respectable!
This is my to-do-list for today. Computer catch up time. No guilt- I'm getting done what I set out to do!

Delton and I are going away for the day tomorrow. My parents are coming to watch the boys. I am nervous and excited about leaving for so long. I know it is only about 10 hours, but this is the longest I have ever left Asher, and have only been away from Ezra for this long a handful of times. Asher still nurses- more for comfort than anything, but still... The excitement part comes in knowing that everything is going to go great and my worries are groundless. My parents had nine kids, for goodness sake! I think they can handle two toddlers for a day!!!

We are going to Shepherdstown, WV. We love to explore small tourist towns on our anniversaries. We have explored Clayton, NY (on our honeymoon), Frederick, Gettysburg, and Harpers Ferry. I look forward to browsing in the shops- and doing a bit of hiking as well. :)

I have been reading several great books. Girl meets God is the memoir of a woman who grew up in Judaism, then converts to Christianity. It isn't a book that is necessarily about the "why" of her conversion- although that does play a part. Rather, it is about her coming to terms with what she loves about her Jewish background and what that means to her as a Christian. Definately worth reading! I also picked up a book from the library called "The Element- How finding your passion changes everything". I thought Delton would enjoy reading it, but I have been the one to read/skim it. I know I am not catching everything the author is saying, but it is so fascinating to read the interviews with people who have seen their passions and skills come together- people who are scientists, a world class pool player, musicians, authors... It makes me want to encourage my boys to be creative, and appreciate those around them that are doing what gives them life. An inspiring book.

My family was going to camp in my parent's backyard for a weekend. We decided (it was my idea) to forgo camping at a campground and save the $40. Everyone said they were up to camping out in mom and dad's backyard, but as the time approached, I felt dumb for suggesting it....Recently, a graduation party was scheduled at the pool at mom and dad's house by the owners (my parents rent), so we would feel a bit silly sitting there in our tents as party-goers strolled by. The backyard camping experience was falling apart, and I second-guessed my suggestion to save the cash! A friend with a 5-bedroom house on a lake called my mom last week and suggested we use their house sometime. The pieces fell together, and we are all gathering at their house next weekend. All that to say- It is neat to see how God leads, even when we second-guess ourselves!!!

My sister Cameo graduates on Thursday. Katelyn, 16, leaves on the 20th for a mission trip to Ireland with Royal Servants. Delton is at Cedar Ridge today for a three day High Ropes Training. He is having a wonderful time!! I am so glad he gets this outlet for his creativity, for his spirit to be renewed. He doesn't get nap time and bible-study like I do, and the grind can get to be a lot, I am sure.
Asher is growing- still doesn't want to walk on his own, but will walk unassisted when we leave him dangling in the middle of the room! He is a still a good baby...I think...but also has a LOT of spirit and spunk. He is amazingly lovable!!!
Ezra's vocabulary and sentence structure is exploding. He articulates very well! He and Asher are learning how to co-exist, and this can be a painful experience at times! :) Ezra is excited about a bike mom and dad are bringing for him tomorrow. He doesn't want a "handle" on it, referring to the handle that is on his tricycle so we can steer him. He loves Caillou, and is starting to say "movie" when prompted, rather than "choo-choo". To me, all videos are now "choo-choos", so I have trouble remembering to say the correct term. Maybe by the time he is three he'll say it correctly (and I will too!).

I love the rain- there is something therapeutic about not having to go outside, just being able to enjoy a quiet day at home.

Blessings to you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like facebook and all but nothing beats a nice long blog from Charity!
I totally relate to your angst/excitement about leaving your boys. I want to go but I feel guilty leaving my babies. Hope you guys had a wonderful time. E and I spent a lot of time in Shepherdstown when we were dating - he lived there when we met.
Glad that God worked out your family gathering. Have a good time!
Your boys are so cute. We must get together soon. Finally we can have a playdate outside!
-jo