Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas Tears

We got a Christmas tree yesterday. I cried when I saw it. It is a cute little potted tree, about two feet high. Almost a Charlie Brown- sort of tree. I am used to 6 foot Christmas trees. It wasn't unexpected- I knew Delton was going out and getting a tree of that sort. It was the reality of it that was hard to take. This house is not conducive to a large Christmas tree- there is really nowhere to put it. This tree was cheaper than a large tree, which is another reason it is sitting in our living room. Christmas is about more than Christmas trees, I know, but Christmas is full of memories and traditions. When those traditions change, and some of them must, it is hard! With this being Ezra's first Christmas, I wanted it to be special and memorable (for me, at least!). So, I cried when I saw the tree. I soon got over my tears , and enjoyed putting half a strand of lights on it and two delicate ornaments. Ezra likes to look at the lights, and Delton and I enjoy the reminder that Christmas is coming. 6 foot tree or not, it is going to be a great Christmas.