Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February Update

Fresh from a bath, Ezra loves the next step, being "nake" until we get his pajamas on him.
My sister Katelyn, who came to GA with us, took this picture of Ezra and Delton.

My hubby!



Ezra enjoying himself at breakfast while on vacation.



The four of us enjoying the immensity of the ocean.
Life continues. Things I anticipate for so long are suddenly here and gone, and new interests fill my mind. Georgia? Oh, yes. I guess we did go to GA a few weeks ago. It was good, fun, and a bundle of strategizing to get two kids, accustomed to their own bedrooms, to sleep in one hotel room along with mom and dad and aunt Katelyn. Besides having to extricate Ezra's head from under the bed around 2 a.m. and Asher waking up 5 times in one night, we had a great time. Really.
Now, potty-training and two year old issues are at the forefront of my mind and my day. Potty-training was my agenda for this week. I told Delton today that I have down-graded potty-training from a career to a hobby. It is going well, and I am taking it slowly.
As far as "two-year old issues", Delton and I are learning that Ezra truly has a will, and things may get worse before they get better. Example: Ezra, who has been navigating the stairs unassisted for almost a year now, decided this morning that I needed to carry him down. Sorry, buddy. 33 minutes later, he finally made it down. He was diaper-less the entire time, so I knew I may end up with a mess on my hands (I didn't), but I was willing to take the risk. I kept imagining myself in a store with Ezra and dealing with a conflict of wills there. I would much rather teach him who is in control at home rather that fight it out in front of others- or simply give in to his demands. So- that was my morning. After a few tears after coming downstairs, he was the happiest, most pleasant little boy. Consistency has its rewards.
I am now on Facebook. It is so much fun to let everyone know what I am doing every moment of every day. I love changing my status! Right now, my status is "Charity is blogging while the boys sleep, but knows there is soooo much to be done, so she should get off the computer before it is too late..."
Adios, amigas!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charity, You got it. You will save yourself alot of grief by sticking to it now! I know it has a price to it but this is so much less then if you don't! It makes grandparenting so much easier :-)
Mom Leh

Anonymous said...

Hang tough with the "battle of wills". It is cool to see how happy they are once they realize where the boundries are. They gain security in knowing where the line is. I think that is why they check every so often to see where that line is, just to makes sure it is still there. Good job!
Daryl